I absolutely had to make something with those poppyseeds I harvested and roasted last week. And, I wanted to try out the Lillabee baking mix. The most reasonable conclusion was to whip up some cupcakes- and even covered in cake and frosting, those poppyseeds were the most delicious part of this dessert.
As I've mentioned before, I don't bake. I come from a family of fruit farmers, and my Grandmother is the queen of fruit pies and cookies. You would think it would be in my blood, but for some reason I don't seem to have the patience most of the time. That said, I really enjoyed making these, and frosting them was the best part.
Lillabee Lemon Poppyseed Cupcakes
1. Follow directions on baking mix. How's that for direction?! :) I used Rice Milk and good old fashioned Organic Unsalted Butter. You can use any Milk you like and even substitute butter with a non-dairy kind.
2. Pour batter into cupcake thingys. Bake at 325 for 30 minutes.
3. Make frosting while baking- I didn't really follow a recipe- it's more fun that way! Using my Kitchen Aid mixer, I added a bunch of room temperature butter and blended it until nice and fluffy, then I added powdered sugar, Rice Milk and vanilla until it reached the consistency and taste that I wanted.
4. When cupcakes are done baking, let them cool.
5. Frost. Add decorations! Cherries like these are so pretty and in season this time of year!

That's the BEST way to make frosting! We use regular Milk or Soy Milk/Soy Margarine if it's for L and it turns out just as tasty! Yum!
ReplyDeleteThat sounds good! I was thinking some sort of almond frosting- something not so sweet would be nice too. I imagine I could blend an almond paste pretty easily and use that as frosting instead. :)
ReplyDelete